Volunteers play an important and valuable role in the Ross Valley School District. Students, teachers, staff, parents and the community benefit when volunteers share their talents, experience and resources. Volunteers support students in a variety of ways, including assisting in the classroom, on the playground and/or during lunch, as field trip drivers and chaperones, at school events, in afterschool activities/sports and a variety of special programs.
All volunteers must complete a “Volunteer Application” along with written verification from a healthcare provider of negative tuberculosis test within the last 4 years (i.e. skin test or Risk Assessment Questionnaire). Additional requirements apply for those who will be volunteering as community volunteers, field trip drivers and/or chaperones on overnight field trips.
We cannot imagine RVSD without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers. On behalf of the students and staff, we appreciate all you give to support our schools!
Section 1: All Volunteers
All volunteers please submit the following to the school office. If you have students attending both an Elementary School and White Hill Middle School, please complete an application for each school.
- RVSD Volunteer Application (English | Spanish)
This application must be completed and submitted each year by all volunteers, prior to volunteering. If you did not already complete this application on SchoolMint, please download, print and submit to your school office.
- Evidence you are free from tuberculosis.
You must provide evidence that you are free from tuberculosis, within thirty (30) days of the date you submit your completed Volunteer Application. Verification can be accomplished by either of the following methods:
- Proof of negative result from a tuberculosis (TB) skin test, administered within the last four (4) years, or negative chest x-ray or
- Submit the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire completed by your physician or health care provider.
NOTE: If you are unable to have your physician or health care provider complete the questionnaire, the school nurse will review (by appointment) the questionnaire. If you elect to have the TB risk assessment questionnaire processed by RVSD, please check with the school office regarding our school nurse’s availability for scheduling an appointment to complete the questionnaire.
Section 2: Specialized Volunteers
In addition to the requirements listed in Section 1, the following types of specialized volunteering require the item(s) indicated below:
Field Trip Driver
If you will be volunteering to drive on a field trip, in addition to the items in Section 1 above, please complete and submit the following:
- An Educational Field Trip Driver Form (English | Spanish) must be submitted annually and/or whenever information changes during the school year.
- A copy of your automobile insurance policy declaration page/coverage indicating types of coverage, coverage limits and the date coverage expires. The required insurance limits are: Bodily Injury - $100,000/$300,000 and Property Damage - $25,000.
NOTE: Whether you are transporting other peoples’ children or only your own, we must still have your completed “Educational Field Trip Driver Form” and copy of your automobile insurance policy declaration on file.
Overnight Field Trip Chaperone
If you will be volunteering to chaperone on an overnight field trip, in addition to the items in Section 1 above, please complete and submit the following:
- Fingerprint Clearance through the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
NOTE: Please be aware that once your fingerprints are on file the DOJ and FBI will release any past or present arrest information to the Ross Valley School District. Arrest information will be provided automatically via “Subsequent Notification”, of any arrests and convictions that may occur in the future.