Board of Trustees/Governance Team
The Ross Valley School District Governance Team, 2012-2013
School district governance is the act of transforming the needs, wishes, and desires of the community into policies that direct the community's schools.
The Ross Valley School District Governance Team is made up of the five Trustees and the Superintendent. Trustees are elected volunteers who serve four-year terms.
The responsibilities of the Board cover four broad areas:
- Establishing a vision for the district
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure
- Ensuring accountability
- Advocating on behalf of children and public education
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the Board:
- Selects and evaluates the Superintendent
- Adopts and evaluates policies
- Adopts and monitors curriculum
- Adopts a budget and monitors the districtâs fiscal accountability
- Negotiates and adopts collective bargaining agreements
- Creates an environment that promotes excellence and enhanced communication among our various constituencies.
Annual Board Re-Organization - August 2012