Substitute Teaching in Ross Valley

  • Substitute Teaching Information

    Anyone wishing to be a substitute teacher in the Ross Valley School District must first be registered and cleared through the Marin County Office of Education (MCOE).  Please Click Here to view a 10-minute informational video on how to become an active substitute teacher for all schools in Marin County. The link for all substitute information (new, continuing or reactivating) is  Please make your selection on the left side menu and follow the instructions or Click Here for the countywide registration packet.

    Once you are registered in our system (be sure to select Ross Valley School District as one of your preferred districts), you will receive a welcome email directly from Frontline Absence Management (our automated system) instructing you how to get started and use the system.

    MCOE offers substitute meetings that provide new substitutes the opportunity to review the packet with the Credential Analyst and ask questions regarding substituting in Marin County.  Due to recommendations from Public Health, the meetings are available via a phone conference.  To schedule a phone conference, Click Here.

    If you have any questions after you are registered, please contact Meg Maher at