Ross Valley School District
Where Community Inspires Unlimited Possibilities!
Resources for Families
- Recording of Parent Education Event: Are You Raising an Anti-racist?
- Slidedeck from Parent Education Event: Are You Raising an Anti-racist?
- 10 Tips for Talking to Kids About Race
- PBS: Talking To Children About Race and Racism
- Embrace Race
- Children's Literature on Race and Racism
- How to talk to kids about racism, explained by a psychologist
Resources for Talking About Racial Violence
- From ADL, a national anti-hate organization:
- The Horrific Mass Shooting in Buffalo: How To Talk To Young People (Blog)
- Empowering Young People in the Aftermath of Hate
- Discussing Hate and Violence with Children
- Gun Violence and Mass Shootings (Table Talk)
- Propaganda, Extremism and Online Recruitment Tactics (Table Talk)
- Extreme Measures: How to Help Young People Counter Extremist Recruitment
- Helping Students Make Sense of News Stories About Bias and Injustice
- From the Tamalpais Union High School District:
- Resources for Talking About Race, Racism, and Racialized Violence with Kids
- Talking to Kids About Racial Violence
- Other resources:
Questions for RVSD staff? Contact Julia Wolcott, Director of Curriculum and Instruction: email@example.com or your site principal