Welcome to Ross Valley School District!
We look forward to spending the next several years with you and your family! Our community of students, parents, teachers, support staff and administrators is what make Ross Valley School District a magical place to be!
RVSD's Transitional Kindergarten program provides a whole-child approach that engages our young learners in vital social, emotional, and hands-on academic skills that lead to success in Kindergarten and beyond.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
RVSD began offering TK in 2012, and our program is now expanding!
- Last summer (2021), Governor Newsom announced the phased implementation of Universal Transitional Kindergarten (UTK) to begin in Fall of 2022, with full implementation beginning in 2025.
- Universal Prekindergarten FAQs - Frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding California state law relating to Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) and Transitional Kindergarten (TK).
- For the 2022-23 school year, a child must have his/her 5th birthday between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023, to be eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten.
- For the 2023-24 school year, a child must have his/her 5th birthday between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024, to be eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten.
- For the 2024-25 school year, a child must have his/her 5th birthday between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025, to be eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten.
- Beginning in the 2025-26 school year, all children who will have their 4th birthday by September 1, 2025 will be eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten.
For the 2022-23 school year, based on the number of children who have registered, TK will be offered at each of our elementary schools. Based on enrollment at this time we are planning for TK/K combo classes at Brookside and Manor and single TK classes at Hidden Valley and Wade Thomas. Completing registration will give us a way to keep you updated as we get closer to the new school year. See below to get your child's registration started.
Brookside: 8:45am - 12:45p.
Hidden Valley: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Manor: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Wade Thomas: 8:15am - 12:15pm
New Student Registration Process
Our registration process includes online as well as hard copy and in-person components. Online Registration and In-Person Registration are open now! Please note that school offices will be close for summer break on June16, 2022 White Hill will re-open on July 29th and elementary sites will re-open on August 3rd.
To begin the new student registration process, set up your SchoolMint account at http://rvsd.schoolmint.net, complete the Student Registration and Home Language Survey forms, and download required In-Person Registration Forms in the “Next Steps” section on SchoolMint before pressing the “Submit Forms” button.
If you already have a SchoolMint account, login at http://rvsd.schoolmint.net. From the "Student Dashboard" click the "Add Student" button in the upper right hand corner.
Please be sure to click on the school year for which you are registering your child/ren as we are unable to move a registration from one school year to another.
Please note that a complete registration packet includes the Online Student Registration Forms in SchoolMint and the In-Person Forms and Documentation submitted to the school of residence. Technology will be available in the school offices for anyone who needs it.
In-person registration is completed at the student’s school of residence. For TK-5th grades, if you are unsure which school (Brookside, Hidden Valley, Manor, and Wade Thomas) is your child’s School of Residence, for attendance boundary information click here. All 6th-8th graders register at White Hill Middle School.
School offices are open Monday-Friday (on all student days) from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
The following forms need to be completed and submitted by the parent/guardian at the time of in-person registration. For parents/guardians who do not have printer access, hard copies are available at the school sites.
- TK Student Information (English | Spanish)
- Student Health Appraisal (English | Spanish)
- Transfer of School Records (English | Spanish) – Required for students who have previously attended another public or private elementary school.
- Verification of District Residency (English | Spanish) – Parent/Guardian completes the form and signs and brings the form and one item of required documentation from each category listed on the form.
The following information is needed in addition to the forms above at in-person registration.
- Child’s Proof of Age – In order of desirability is the child’s original birth certificate or the child’s passport. When neither of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child. The original document will be copied at the school site and the original returned to the parent/guardian.
- Proof of Identification of Parent/Guardian is required to verify the person registering a child or proving residency is the legal parent/guardian. The parent/guardian is to provide one of the following: Valid State Driver License, Valid State Photo or Identification Card, Valid Passport, or Government-Issued Photo Identification. The original document will be copied at the school site and the original returned to the parent/guardian.
- Child’s Most recent Immunization Record – At the time of in-person registration, your child's most current immunization record is required.
If your student has not completed their school-age immunizations English | Spanish at the time of in-person registration for the 2022-23 school year, an updated Immunization Record verifying the completion of all required immunizations is due by 4:00pm Wednesday, August 10, 2022 in order to retain the date/time stamp of all other submitted documents and forms. Immunizations must be verified before a student will receive his/her class/school placement or attend school.
For the 2022-23 school year, the following health forms are due between March 1 and December 31, 2022.
Please bring the Report of Health Examination form to your child's healthcare provider and the Oral Health Assessment form to your child's oral health provider and return the completed forms to the school office.
If the child is attending or has attended pre-school, the following pre-school forms are due to the school of residence:
For the 2022-23 school year, the following pre-school forms are due to the school of residence by May 1, 2022.
- Pre-School Permission (English | Spanish)
(Parent/Guardian completes this form and gives it, along with the Information form below, to their Child’s Pre-School Teacher)
- Pre-School Information (English | Spanish)
(Pre-School Teacher completes the Information form and then returns the Permission and Information forms to the school site where the child is registered)
Elementary School Enrollment Capacity
To assist the District in enrollment, staffing, and facilities planning, please complete the registration process by March 1 or as soon as possible. Because many elementary grade levels and schools in the Ross Valley School District are impacted, a student who registers once a school of residence is at capacity, the student will be assigned to another District school where space is available. Any reassignments will be determined prior to the student’s first day of attendance. For middle school, because White Hill is our only 6th-8th grades school, students in these grades are not subject to overflow.
For information and timelines related to Intradistrict and/or Interdistrict Attendance, please click here.