Welcome to Ross Valley School District!
We look forward to spending the next several years with you and your family! Our community of students, parents, teachers, support staff and administrators is what make Ross Valley School District a magical place to be!
We are excited to announce that beginning in the 2023-24 school year, the Ross Valley School District will be increasing the length of our TK day from 240 minutes (4 hours) per day to the same length as the kindergarten day, which is 325 minutes (5 hours and 25 minutes) per day.
Offering a longer day will allow for more developmentally appropriate practices by providing our youngest students with more opportunities to increase their social-emotional capacities, practice their ability to build relationships through play in nurturing environments, and build the foundational language and other skills necessary to be successful in entering Kindergarten. It will also offer better access to our aftercare program with the YMCA.
At this time, we are still looking at our TK enrollment to determine the location(s) of the TK Program and that will help determine the exact start and end times.
To help us get the word out, please share this information with your friends and neighbors. We are looking forward to welcoming our youngest students to the Ross Valley School District.
RVSD's Transitional Kindergarten program provides a whole-child approach that engages our young learners in vital social, emotional, and hands-on academic skills that lead to success in Kindergarten and beyond.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
RVSD began offering TK in 2012, and our program is now expanding!
- Last summer (2021), Governor Newsom announced the phased implementation of Universal Transitional Kindergarten (UTK) to begin in Fall of 2022, with full implementation beginning in 2025.
- Universal Prekindergarten FAQs - Frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding California state law relating to Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) and Transitional Kindergarten (TK).
- For the 2023-24 school year, a child must have his/her 5th birthday between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024, to be eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten.
- For the 2024-25 school year, a child must have his/her 5th birthday between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025, to be eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten.
- Beginning in the 2025-26 school year, all children who will have their 4th birthday by September 1, 2025 will be eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten.
For the 2023-24 school year, based on the number of children who have registered, TK will be offered at each of our elementary schools. Completing registration will give us a way to keep you updated as we get closer to the new school year. See below to get your child's registration started.
School Hours for 2023-24
Brookside: 8:40am - 2:05pm
Hidden Valley: 8:15am - 1:30pm
Manor: 8:30am - 1:55pm
Wade Thomas: 8:30am - 1:55pm
New Student Registration Process
Registration for the 2023-24 school year is open now! The school offices will close for Summer Break on Thursday, June 22, 2023 and will re-open on Wednesday, August 9, 2023.
Online registration through Aeries can be accessed by clicking here.
In-person registration is completed at the student’s school of residence. For TK-5th grades, if you are unsure which school (Brookside, Hidden Valley, Manor, and Wade Thomas) is your child’s School of Residence, for attendance boundary information click here. All 6th-8th graders register at White Hill Middle School.
School offices are open Monday-Friday (on all student days) from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
The following forms need to be completed and submitted by the parent/guardian at the time of in-person registration. For parents/guardians who do not have printer access, hard copies are available at the school sites.
- TK Student Information (English | Spanish)
- Student Health Appraisal (English | Spanish)
- Transfer of School Records (English | Spanish) – Required for students who have previously attended another public or private elementary school.
- Verification of District Residency (English | Spanish) – Parent/Guardian completes the form and signs and brings the form and one item of required documentation from each category listed on the form.
The following information is needed in addition to the forms above at in-person registration.
- Child’s Proof of Age – In order of desirability is the child’s original birth certificate or the child’s passport. When neither of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child. The original document will be copied at the school site and the original returned to the parent/guardian.
- Proof of Identification of Parent/Guardian is required to verify the person registering a child or proving residency is the legal parent/guardian. The parent/guardian is to provide one of the following: Valid State Driver License, Valid State Photo or Identification Card, Valid Passport, or Government-Issued Photo Identification. The original document will be copied at the school site and the original returned to the parent/guardian.
- Child’s Most recent Immunization Record – At the time of in-person registration, your child's most current immunization record is required.
If your student has not completed their school-age immunizations English | Spanish at the time of in-person registration for the 2023-24 school year, an updated Immunization Record verifying the completion of all required immunizations is due by 4:00pm one week before school begins in August 2023 in order to retain the date/time stamp of all other submitted documents and forms. Immunizations must be verified before a student will receive his/her class/school placement or attend school.
For the 2023-24 school year, the following health forms are due between March 1 and December 31, 2023.
Please bring the Report of Health Examination form to your child's healthcare provider and the Oral Health Assessment form to your child's oral health provider and return the completed forms to the school office.
If the child is attending or has attended pre-school, the following pre-school forms are due to the school of residence:
For the 2023-24 school year, the following pre-school forms are due to the school of residence by May 1, 2023.
- Pre-School Permission (English | Spanish)
(Parent/Guardian completes this form and gives it, along with the Information form below, to their Child’s Pre-School Teacher)
- Pre-School Information (English | Spanish)
(Pre-School Teacher completes the Information form and then returns the Permission and Information forms to the school site where the child is registered)
Elementary School Enrollment Capacity
To assist the District in enrollment, staffing, and facilities planning, please complete the registration process by March 1 or as soon as possible. Because many elementary grade levels and schools in the Ross Valley School District are impacted, a student who registers once a school of residence is at capacity, the student will be assigned to another District school where space is available. Any reassignments will be determined prior to the student’s first day of attendance. For middle school, because White Hill is our only 6th-8th grades school, students in these grades are not subject to overflow.
- Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 5111 – Admission
- Board Policy 6170.1 – Transitional Kindergarten
- Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 5111.1 – District Residency
- Board Policy 5116 - School Attendance Boundaries
- Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry for Grades TK-12 (English | Spanish)
For information and timelines related to Intradistrict and/or Interdistrict Attendance, please click here.
|Campus||Administrative Assistant||Contact Email||Contact Number|
|Brookside||Heather Leviemail@example.com||415-453-2948 x 1101|
|Hidden Valley||Mariposa Lewickifirstname.lastname@example.org||415-454-7409 x 1201|
|Manor||Laura Jordanemail@example.com||415-453-1544 x 1301|
|Wade Thomas||Marlana Kenilvortfirstname.lastname@example.org||415-454-4603 x 1401|
Questions or Want More Information?
If you have any questions about New Student Registration or do not have the ability to print the required forms, please contact your school of residence or Teresa Machado, Executive Assistant, at 415-451-4060.
For attendance boundary information, click here or contact a district school or Teresa Machado, Executive Assistant, at 415-451-4060