Back to School & Student Forms
Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year
We are very excited for the new school year and are thrilled to have you back with us and to have all of our new families join the RVSD Community. Because not all back-to-school items can be provided via SchoolMint our online student enrollment system, some of the information and forms will continue to be provided to students on the first day of school and other information and forms are available on our district website. For parents/guardians who do not have a computer, online, or smartphone access, technology is available in the school offices. For the forms that are available on our website, if you do not have printer access, either drop by your child’s school office to pick up copies or ask that they be sent to you.
- 2018-2019 School Calendar – Note the first day of school is Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- Advice for Parents in the Event of An Emergency (English | Spanish)
- Student/Parent Handbook
Required Forms on SchoolMint
The Student Information and Emergency Card & the Parent Acknowledgement and Release are required forms for all students. The Volunteer Application is an optional form – but it is required of any parent/guardian who wishes to volunteer at a district school – and is also available on SchoolMint. All forms will be available on August 15, 2018.
For families who have students who attended RVSD last school year, log in to your SchoolMint account at rvsd.schoolmint.net. If you have forgotten your username or password, follow the instructions on the “Forgot Username” and/or “Forgot Password” links. Once you have logged on, click on “Re-Enroll” for each child who is returning to an RVSD school.
For families who have verified registration (online and in-person components) for a new student for 2018-19 before August 15, you will receive an email with a link and instructions at 11:00 am. For families who have not finalized the registration process on or before August 15, you will receive the email by 12:00 pm on the first day of school, August 22.
For families who have both students who attended RVSD last year as well as a newly registered student for 2018-19, log in to your SchoolMint account. On the student dashboard, you’ll see both your new and returning students' packets, and follow the instrucitons for each.
Hard Copy Information & Forms
The following items will be provided to students on the first day of school, and they are also available online. If you need replacements, you may download them or request a copy from your child’s school.
- Parent/Guardian Annual Notice – This information is required to be provided to families annually, and parents/guardians are to verify that they have received and reviewed the information. The last page of this document does not need to be returned as the verification of receipt/review is included in the SchoolMint Parent/Guardian Acknowledgement and Release Form. Please complete this form on SchoolMint by Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
- School Lunch Program – The following information and forms are applicable if you wish for your child to receive school lunches and/or to apply for free/reduced meals or free milk. Please complete and return the application to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, September 4, 2018, if applicable.
- Technology Use Agreement – This form is required for each student and is to be completed by the student and parent and returned to student’s teacher by Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
- YES Foundation Information – The following items are available on the YES website www.yestokids.org.
Please review the items below and complete and submit the applicable forms to your child’s school office.
Volunteer Information and Application
All volunteers must submit within 30 days of volunteering a “Volunteer Application” along with written verification from a healthcare provider of negative tuberculosis within the last 4 years (i.e. skin test or Risk Assessment Questionnaire). If in doubt as to whether your participation in our schools constitutes volunteering, please check with your child’s school’s principal and/or administrative assistant. Note that additional requirements apply to those who will be volunteering as field trip drivers and/or chaperones on overnight field trips.
- Volunteering In Our Schools Information (English | Spanish)
- Volunteer Application (English | Spanish) - If you did not complete the Volunteer Application on SchoolMint when you completed the other back-to-school forms, you may print, complete, and submit it to your child’s school.
Family members may volunteer at a student’s school. For anyone other than a student’s family member who wishes to volunteer, please contact the applicable school office to learn more about the required procedures.
We encourage all persons to submit the paperwork at the beginning of the school year, even if you are unsure you will volunteer, to ensure there will not be any confusion or delay at the time of the event.
Educational Field Trip Driver
In addition to the Volunteer Application and TB clearance, the Field Trip Driver form and a copy of the auto insurance policy declaration page for each vehicle to be driven on field trips are also required for any parent/guardian driving on a district school event, including if only driving your own child.
We encourage all persons to submit the paperwork at the beginning of the school year, even if you are unsure you will drive on a school-sponsored activity, to ensure there will not be any confusion or delay at the time of the event.
Annual Pesticide Notification
This form is required only if you wish to be notified before a pesticide is applied at your child’s school.
Authorization to Administer Medication/Treatment & Authorization to Release Information to Physician
This form is required only if your student needs to have medication administered while at school.
Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Program
This information and application are required only if you wish to apply for insurance. Note: The District does not assume responsibility for medical treatment (ambulance transport, surgery, hospitalization, etc.).
- Accident & Health Insurance Program Cover Letter (English | Spanish)
- Student Accident and Illness Coverage Information and Application (English | Spanish)
Mail the completed application directly to the insurance company (see application for mailing address). Do not return it to your child’s school office.
Student Class Assignments and Schedules
- Elementary Schools – Class placement information will be sent to each student’s parent/guardian as follows:
- TK and Kindergarten: Monday, August 20
- 1st – 5th Grades: Tuesday, August 21
- White Hill – Student Schedules will be distributed at each respective grade’s orientation.
- 6th Grade Wildcat Welcome Tuesday, August 21, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 7th/8th Grade's Kickoff Monday, August 20, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
The elementary school offices reopen on August 10, 2018, and White Hill’s office reopens August 8, 2018. School offices are open from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday – Friday. If you plan to stop by the school office, please call ahead to be sure the school office isn’t closed for meetings that may arise in preparation of the new school year.
Heather Levi: 415-453-2948
- Hidden Valley
Teresa Machado: 415-454-7409
Maridith Woodward: 415-453-1544
- Wade Thomas
Marlana Kenilvort: 415-454-4603
- White Hill
QUESTIONS OR WANT MORE INFORMATION?
If you have any questions or do not have the ability to access SchoolMint or print the required forms, please contact your child’s school (information listed above) or Marci Trahan, Assistant Superintendent at 415-451-4064 or email@example.com.